Friday, January 15, 2010

what kind of person i m?

I must not start this post by saying that i am a different kind of person.What kind of person you are - I have faced this question (sometimes synonyms of this like do you like it, do you hate it, what is your goal, what you want to be), since my early childhood. In fact i guess most of us are facing these questions every now and then. Even when we discuss someone else, what we discuss most is what kind of person he is, his likes, dislikes so on and so forth. I, freely in front of everyone, [shamefully :)], accept the fact that still i don't have any answer to the question that what kind of person i m. It is said by many great people that in course to know the world better, you should first know yourself. but tell me is it so easy to capture a whole personality in some worlds or in some things, or maybe in some ideas. I guess NO. Nobody in the world (I know i should not generalize it - but still I would prefer doing it) can be just himself. you are always somewhere different then what the outside world thinks and even what your inside mind thinks. So if a question is asked like "If you are truly yourself (considering both inner and outer world's definitions of yourself or ownself), the answer to it will 95% time be NO, and i don't know who are rest 5%. But even i don't think it is necessary to label you. people do it just to feel comfortable that they are surrounded by same type of persons, so they keep correlating all the things in your life to that one central idea and one day even you start believing that you are like that only. Alok (if you don't know alok, its ok, then you don't know me either), once quoted, that 90% of soft drink lovers, who claims to be "I love Coke" or otherwise "I drink just PEPSI", cant differentiate between coke and pepsi, when served to them in normal glasses instead of labelled bottled (eye opener). Don't you think it applies to other situations also. I think it does. People are more or less same, they think in similar ways, behave in similar ways, but still we keep them labeling. it is just some extreme situations, otherwise both you and me will behave likewise. I guess by differentiating among people, we ourselves creating divide, otherwise there is not need. Instead of creating personalities and identities, i believe understanding general human behavior, is more important. Hence if i dont know, what kind of person I am, its ok, even i am not required to. (Comments are invited on this debate)

2 comments:

alok said...

Knowingly or unknowingly you probably left the pointer towards the end! If you know the common people behavior that's it. I guess knowing that one is also a common man makes someone special and those who feel they are special they are nothing but common men at the end of the day! Paradoxical but true.

Sid said...

I know it is paradoxical, but one thing you must note here, is that we are in this society for so long that we don't know any other method to describe anything then to label people. you wont believe but before posting, for a fraction of second i consider re-reading, just for the sake to search this kind of paradox, finally laziness prevailed.